Welcome to MIT Health and the Primary Care Service!
We’re looking forward to getting to know you and your family.
Before your first appointment
- Browse the primary care providers (PCP) who are accepting new patients. PCPs are available for:
- Transfer your medical record. Ask your previous healthcare provider to send your record to MIT Health Records Service, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, E23-023, Cambridge, MA 02139 (Fax: 617-258-6102). For a child, be sure to include an immunization record (translated into English if necessary).
- Fill out a medical history form. You’ll bring this form with you to your first appointment.
- Sign up for HealthELife. MIT Health’s online patient portal lets you manage your healthcare on your computer or through a free mobile app. You can use HealthELife to message your provider, request appointments or prescription refills, view lab results, and more. Adults can sign up for their own HealthELife accounts, and parents can create proxy accounts for children younger than 14. Learn more.
Your first appointment
Your first appointment is a chance for you to ask questions, share information, and address concerns.
Bring with you:
- The medical history form you filled out in advance,
- Medical records that were not already sent to our Medical Records Service,
- A list of any prescription medications and/or supplements you (or your child) are currently taking, and
- For your child’s first appointment, bring a copy of the child’s growth chart, if you have one, and the child’s immunization record (translated into English if necessary), if it hasn’t already been sent to our Medical Records Service.
Finally, think about the health concerns you want to address and write down any questions you’d like to ask your PCP. Based on your physical exam and the concerns you express, you and your PCP will make plans for additional preventive care, immunizations, or, if needed, referrals for diagnostic testing or specialty care.
Are you expecting?
Take some time now to read about available providers, so you’ll be ready to choose a PCP for your new baby. We’ll schedule an office visit for your baby during your child’s first week at home. We also offer breastfeeding support for new mothers.