The staff at our Lexington Care Center takes a family-oriented approach to caring for patients.
Since we see both adults and children in the same facility, our physicians and nurses bring their knowledge of family issues to the treatment of individual family members.
In addition to primary care, MIT Health's Lexington Care Center Offers:
- Routine laboratory tests: Blood draws are done on site, weekdays, 8:30 a.m.–noon; call ahead to confirm phlebotomist availability. Laboratory analysis is performed at MIT Health’s Laboratory in Cambridge.
- Travel medicine: We are a certified travel clinic, providing vaccinations, medications, and other travel-related care.
- Routine gynecological exams, including pap smears.
- Minor outpatient surgical procedures, such as biopsies and wart and mole removal.
- Occupational medicine and care for work-related illness or injury. Any employee seeking work-related tests, procedures, or treatment must come to the appointment with the Occupational and Environmental Medicine Request Form signed by their supervisor.
- Urgent radiology services are available at Beth Israel Deaconess Healthcare in Lexington, a five-minute drive from Lincoln Laboratory.
- Appointments with MIT’s MyLife Services, which offers free, confidential counseling and referrals and is available to all Lincoln Laboratory employees.
In addition, all benefits-eligible Lincoln Laboratory employees may use MIT Health’s Urgent Care Service located at our Cambridge Care Center, open from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. M–F, and 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. (Note: Employees covered by outside insurance may still use MIT Health’s Urgent Care Service, but you may be billed by your insurer for any copayment, coinsurance, or non-covered services.)