Are you having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Are you tired during the day? We can help you learn relaxation techniques and other methods for sleeping more and sleeping better.
Benefits of sleep
Adequate sleep is associated with better health in many ways, including:
- Enhanced memory, learning, and academic performance
- Better appetite regulation and metabolic health
- Improved heart health
- Better immune system function
Talk with your PCP
Speak with your primary care provider (PCP) to discuss any medical issues that may be causing your sleep problems.
- For students:
- Talk with a clinician in Student Mental Health and Counseling
- A clinician in MIT Health’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services may be able to help you deal with feelings of stress or anxiety that may be interfering with your sleep. Call 617-253-2916.
- For faculty, staff, postdocs, and their household members:
- Talk with a sleep counselor through MyLife Services
- MyLife Services, an Employee Assistance Program for the MIT community, offers sleep coaching from master’s or PhD-level professionals. They can also provide resources or offer a referral to a mental health counselor in your area.
Sleep apps and online courses
- CBT-i Coach: A free app for people who are engaged in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia with a health provider.
- Insomnia Coach: A free app based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I).
- Sleep 101: An online course sponsored by Community Wellness and available in the MIT Atlas Learning Center (MIT Touchstone account required). Sleep 101 is an award-winning sleep health education program.
- Path to Better Sleep: A free, self-guided online course for a variety of sleep challenges.
Find more sleep resources, including audio downloads, tools for new parents, printable guides, and more.